Saturday, April 21, 2012

SIXT Car rental help!!!

I have booked a prepaid rental with SIXT a month ago, and now my airline has delayed my flight by 10 hours. In the terms of my prepaid it states I am not allowed any changes at all.





It also states that it is 50 Euros to cancel. If I cancel do I get the charge for my car rental back?





Does anyone have any experience with this, Aer Lingus really caused me some problems with this.





Thanks!




|||



How did you pre-pay? Did you use a credit card? If so, work through your credit card company.




|||



I have always considered a time rental time like a guideline. I am never there on time and if is the same day, I am sure they will take care of you. Hertz even held it overnight for me once and I did not even let them know I was going to be late. Sixt is great to deal with. I would email them.





Rob




|||



i would email SIXT and have them know it is not due to your own personal decision you will be delayed.





Am sure they will be flexible rather than potentially losing out on extra revenue.





do let us know the outcome :)




|||



Thanks for the input everyone. I emailed SIXT and after sending proof of the airline change they allowed me to cancel with no penalty (50Euros normal) providing I rebooked. So I did rebook and they did cancel.





I would recommend SIXT as they were pleasant and did help alot in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment