Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Getting to Dachau-Clarification please

We are planning a trip from Munich to Dachau. I am a little confused by what I have read about getting there. Would we be taking the train or the bus? I keep reading about Bahn timetables, but then also about MMV tickets. Which is best? Does the MMV ticket get you right to the camp itself or to a bus station where you take another bus? Any info is greatly appreciated! Thanks!




|||



S-Bahn or regional train to Dachau station from there by bus to the memorial site (or walk 20 minutes).





%26gt; I keep reading about Bahn timetables, but then also about MMV tickets. Which is best?



These are no %26quot;alternatives%26quot;. The DB timetable covers all public transport in Germany. Not just the trains operated by DB (Die Bahn).





MVV is the local public transport network of Munich. Inside the MVV area the MVV tariff applies. It covers all local public transport (regional trains, S-Bahn, U-Bahn, trams, buses). It plays no role who does operate the various types of local public transport. To Dachau the best deal for this trip is the MVV partner day ticket %26quot;Munich XXL%26quot; (EUR 11,80).



http://www.mvv-muenchen.de/en/home/index.html




|||



Thank you, yet again, for the information. I am sure I sound pretty uneducated on Germany, which is not so good, especially since I am leaving in just a couple weeks...but the trip planning must be quick in my family, as my husband is military and just returned from being gone for several months.





I appreciate your responses!






|||



Hi AlwaysAHoneymoon,





Just a reminder.. on our last trip to Munich the camp in Dachau did not open on Monday.





Regards,





Supervanman.




|||



Supervanman,



Thanks so much for your very kind reminder :) Everyone has been so helpful!

No comments:

Post a Comment