Wednesday, April 25, 2012

hotel near Frankfurt Airport?

Hello,





We want to find a clean budget hotel near the airport, since we must be there fairly early the next morning. The entire function of the hotel is to be convenient to the airport, so it doesn%26#39;t have to be atmospheric or interesting, just decent and not too expensive. For 2 adults and 1 child.





thank you for any suggestions!




|||



Frankfurt, Mainz and Wiesbaden are all connected to the airport by S-bahn which starts running early in the morning. I would just get on google or yahoo and do an image search of these places and see which appeals to you the most, they are quite different from each other. No need to stay near the airport which will probably take a similar time to travel to by a hotel%26#39;s drop-off service. Then there is the very expensive Sheraton which is connected to Terminal 1 at the airport.




|||



forgot to mention--we might have a rental car that we%26#39;d need to drop off at the airport





Laughs! That Sheraton has memories for me! In the early 1990s, before cell phones or anything, I was 14 hours late into Frankfurt Airport, canceled and rerouted several times with no way to contact friends who were to pick me up. I wandered fruitlessly and jet-lagged around the airport until, almost in tears, I checked into that Sheraton, not seeing any other options. I then went down to take one more look for my friends and miraculously found them. The hotel was very gracious and let me leave with no charge. I remember the rooms were nice, but that wasn%26#39;t what I had in mind.




|||



As to dropping off your car, you can probably also do it at any of the cities mentioned at no additional charge, or just drop it at the airport and then take the S-bahn.




|||



If we stay in Wiesbaden, would it be appropriate to take our child (age 6 yrs) to the thermal baths?

No comments:

Post a Comment