Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Stop between Amsterdam and Berlin?

Hello all,





We will be traveling via rail from Amsterdam to Berlin in November to be in Berlin starting November 7. As best I can tell, the most direct train route goes through Hanover but I wonder if you could offer suggestions in a city/village between Amsterdam and Berlin - not too far off track - that we could do a one day/night stop over in. Something unique, with great beer and food, a quaint old town might be nice... We would like for it to not be more than about 2 hours from Berlin.





Any suggestions? Thank you!




|||



Only a small detour from the direct route (south of Hannover):





Goslar



http://www.goslar.de



Wernigerode



http://www.wernigerode.de



Quedlinburg



http://www.quedlinburg.de




|||



I will admit I do not know much about any of the towns you have mentioned. I read about Quedlinburg on the Germany tourism site - the old town being a nice attraction and Goslar looks nice as well. I will look into Wernigerode as well. Thank you.





A friend insists we should make the tript o Hamburg even though it is out of the way. I am not sure we could do the city justice in a day. What are the thoughts on this?





Thank you again.




|||



%26gt; I will admit I do not know much about any of the towns you have mentioned.



In short: they have been the heart of the German empire approx. 1000 years ago. That%26#39;s why 2 of them are UNESCO world heritage sites.

No comments:

Post a Comment