Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Bayern Ticket To Salzburg

I want to do day trip from Munich to Salzburg this week probably on Thursday. If I get RE Train Departing at 08:47 from Munich Hb as this is before 9am start for Bayern ticket - does anyone know what stop that I would have to buy ticket for to cover me prior to using Bayern ticket and how much this costs?





If its too much trouble I probably just wait until 09:41 train - I take it this bayern ticket covers me for using s-bahn/u-bahn to get to Munich Hb?





Will 6 or 7 hours in Salzburg do the city justice?





I%26#39;m spending 4 nights in Munich and want to set aside 1 day out of this to visit Salzburg.





Many thanks












|||



%26gt; I would have to buy ticket for to cover me prior to using Bayern ticket and how much this costs?



You could buy a ticket to Grafing, the first stop past 9am. EUR 6,90.





%26gt; I take it this bayern ticket covers me for using s-bahn/u-bahn to get to Munich Hb?



Yes (as long you start past 9am).



The MVV single ticket to Grafing does however also cover S-Bahn and U-Bahn (and trams and buses) to Munich Hbf.




|||



If you board one of the middle carriages of 8:47 train there are pretty good chances that conductor will not catch you ;)






|||



Thanks for helpful information - don%26#39;t think I will risk it in the middle carriages! Looking forward to my visit to Munich this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment