Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Berlin Zoo - how long should I dedicate to a visit?

Just want to stroll, check on Knut and the Pandas, maybe the Nachttierhaus. Also want to check the aquarium, just for the Komodo Dragons.





How about 2 hours?




|||



Two hours is plenty if it%26#39;s just you. I covered about 80% of the zoo, including the aquarium, towing two babies in strollers and letting them walk half the time, and I was there 4 hours. Very disappointed in the Knut exhibit. Just one eisbaren lounging in a pool full of algae.




|||



I%26#39;d check the reviews of the zoo here and then decide. It%26#39;s expensive if you only want a quick visit, and the critiques



aren%26#39;t glowing.




|||



I loved Berlin zoo. We spent a full afternoon there and still ran out of time. We wished we had gone the full day. Entry prices are a bit steep, but in the end we thought it was worth it. The aquarium is fantastic by the way.




|||



Opinions of the zoo are all relative, but I found the aquarium mediocre at best. I grew up in California and Florida, so perhaps I%26#39;m a bit spoiled when it comes to tourist attractions that involve animals.

No comments:

Post a Comment