Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Hotel choices

I will be visiting Munich for the first time. I have selected 3 hotels because of their location near the train station. Any advise on these 3--Sofitel Bayerpost,Fleming%26#39;s Hotel, Le Meridien? Are there anyothers I should consider?




|||



%26gt; I have selected 3 hotels because of their location near the train station.





You don´t need to stay near the train station. There are more interesting places than the traffic plagued, noisy streets around the main station. Every place in the city can be conveniently reached by subway or tram.




|||



Try Hotel Wallis I was there last August with my family. Excellent Hotel, clean, very good buffet breakfast and friendly Staff. Only 5 minutes walk to the train station and it is in the heart of Munich. We are going to be in this hotel again in two weeks time.




|||



My question is %26quot;why here?%26quot;



Railway stn is ok location -but these are high end hotels in an area of inexpensive ones. For city centre, there are better options, and they%26#39;ll be easily accessible to the station.




|||



Thanks for the prompt replies!! What are some of the options near that are easily accessable to the station? I would like either a three or four star hotel near shopping %26amp; restaurants,%26amp; sights.1bull




|||



I like staying by the central train station. Convenient for public transport and good hotels. Flemings is a reasonable 4 star hotel near the station but I like Meridien.




|||



ethelman2,thanks for your recent reply. What are some of the %26quot;other options%26quot;? I am looking for 4 or 5 star hotels. 1bull




|||



My all time favorite high end hotel in Munich is Bayerischerhof -- great location near Marienplatz, quite traditional and historic (the hotel first opened in 1841), exemplary service, gorgeous rooms, and an unbelievable champagne buffet breakfast included with the room. It%26#39;s pricey, but worth it. If you are going over a weekend, they have a special for 235 Euros per night. They also have a summer special of two nights for 281 Euros, which also includes dinner for two one night at a couple of their restaurants and a drink at their Blue Spa Bar. See www.bayerischerhof.de. Just made reservations there myself today!





I%26#39;ve heard good things about Hotel Torbraeu but have never stayed there. Location is great, though, I%26#39;ve been by it many times. www.torbraeu.de.

No comments:

Post a Comment