Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Reichstag pre-book?

Hello,



I read that visiting Reichstag can take quite long time due to the lines to the entrance. However, I also read that it%26#39;s possible to somehow %26quot;pre-book%26quot; a free tour what guarantees immediate entrance regardless of the queue. Is it true? How should I do it?




|||



bundestag.de/htdocs_e/…fuehr.html




|||



If what you are most interested in is going up to the dome (which is what the queues are normally for) you can pre-book a meal at the rooftop restaurant (Dachrestaurant) and visit the dome afterwards. Access is then through side-entrance.



www.feinkost-kaefer.de is the website with contact details, sample menu, in German etc. Or look on forum here. Food is good and prices esp. for main courses at lunchtime are competetive; drinks are pricier (eg 9€ for a litre bottle of mineral water).




|||



abalada - thanks.



Lynda - oh! That seems to be very good option, then. Too bad they%26#39;re currently working on English version of their site, so I can%26#39;t freely navigate. But maybe you can help me - do you know if the pre-booking of the table there is free? Or maybe I have to pay? How much, if so?




|||



Hi, we have booked for breakfast, it didn%26#39;t cost anything to book.




|||



I emailed to them - the email is on their website.





We go next month %26amp; I have booked for dinner so we can see the view at night. Should be good!




|||



Yes, you can request to reserve a spot on one of the Bundestag%26#39;s free tours.





The website to book the tour of the Reichstag/Bundestag:





bundestag.de/htdocs_e/…fuehr.html





I did this for my trip to Berlin and would highly recommend it. All the information that you need to give them is detailed on the website. I believe that the long line only takes you up to the glass cupola, but the guided tour takes you throughout the entire building.




|||



OK, thank you all for the replies :) That%26#39;s what I wanted to know. Thanks a lot!




|||



I%26#39;ll chime in to reiterate what has been mentioned by others: the pre-booked tour is definitely worthwhile. I did this on my last visit, it was about 90 minutes in duration and the guide was excellent.




|||



Honestly, all I%26#39;m interested in is the glass dome, so I don%26#39;t think this free-tour is a good choice. Maybe I%26#39;ll reserve a table in the resaurant. But.. How long are the queues? Maybe they%26#39;re shorter than I think they are and there is no need to reserve anything :) So - how long are they?




|||



Hi, we have seen queues of up to 2 hours and didn%26#39;t want to wait that long so have booked the breakfast for our visit next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment