Saturday, March 24, 2012

Big event in Cologne next week?

Is there something special going on in Cologne next week? The hotels seem full and rates are much higher than posted rates. We are looking for a family friendly (4) hotel near cathedral. Any suggestions?




|||



I went to www.hotel.de and no special events were listed. I used next Wednesday as a random date and there were 6 pages of hotels available.





Try hotel.de and see if they have something that would work for you. I also like to check www.booking.com . Both websites have reviews.




|||



Your are right TelePort. I realize that I am running into problems by looking for 1 room for the four of us. We%26#39;d like to stay together but not sure that is going to be an option. Any other suggestions?




|||



I like the Hotel Colette. It is a small hotel near the University and has decent, ensuite rooms and a very good breakfast. I%26#39;d see if I can book two double rooms. I don%26#39;t know what a double costs, but the singles go for between 32 and 40 euros a night.





It requires a U-bahn ride and then a tram ride, but is a great hotel for those who are not put off by using public transport. If you book it, let me know and I%26#39;ll send detailed instructions on how to get there.





Closer to the rail station and Cathedral is the Hotel Merian. I stayed there once and got a very good rate at under 45 Euros for a single room. But I haven%26#39;t stayed there again as the price has always been quite a bit more than the Colette. It has a good breakfast and the rooms were modern and well-kept.




|||



If Cologne is expensive, sometimes you can find cheaper rooms near the train station in Bonn.

No comments:

Post a Comment