Thursday, March 29, 2012

Mineral Bath

Hello,





My husband and I would like to visit a mineral bath while in Stuttgart next week. I have looked them up, but cannot seem to find a definite answer on times/locations where you must wear clothing. I know most of these are clothing optional, but we would be more comfortable where clothing is mandatory. All the sites are in German, so I was hoping to get some info on exactly what bath to visit/what time to go. I am not sure if this is possible at all, as, perhaps, it is always clothing optional! Thank you for the info in advance!




|||



%26gt; I know most of these are clothing optional



No. Nothing optional at all. At the bathing sections you must wear clothing (see the below exception). At the Sauna sections you must not wear clothing.





Opening times:



Mineralbad DAS LEUZE



…stuttgart.de/baeder/menu/187535/openinghours



Swimming without clothing We-Sa 9pm-11pm in the Kaltbadehalle (#8 on the below map) and the Bewegungsbad (#3 on the below map). These are pools which can be separated from the rest. A rather small part of the bath you can live without.





Mineralbad Bad Cannstatt



…stuttgart.de/baeder/menu/187536/openinghours





Mineralbad Berg



A bit basic. I would suggest to choose one of the two others.




|||



Although living in Stuttgart, I%26#39;ve never had a desire to visit a mineral bath. There are three of them, Bad Berg and Leuze by the Mineralbaeder stop of the U-1,-2,-14 and MineralBad Cannstatt further north by the Kursaal stop of the U-2. Information on all three can be found at www.stuttgart.de/baeder . My daughter and her young son when they visit us love the Leuze mineral bath because it has a Kinderland for children only, so it is very child friendly. It%26#39;s also possible to swim in bubbly carbonated water there. There are all kinds of options of what%26#39;s available in these places, the websites, brochures and a visit to these places will have additional options not in all of the other sources of information.





Opening hours for Bad Berg are from 6-8AM depending on the facilities you use and on most days close at 8-9PM. Massages usually close at 6PM.



Most days Das Leuze is open from 8AM, closing at 9 or 11PM.



MineralBad Cannstatt has seperate men%26#39;s and women%26#39;s days, and also mixed days. Opening times are generally 9AM to 9:30PM.



When it comes to clothing, I don%26#39;t know what to tell you. For saunas in general, people usually use only towels.



One thing I would be careful of is tasting the mineral water where it is available. A few drops have adverse effects on me!




|||



Thank you both very much! I guess I was misinformed on the clothing optional part of it...I look forward to this experience!




|||



map DAS LEUZE



…stuttgart.de/baeder/mdb/item/187707/8491.pdf





map Mineralbad Cannstatt



…stuttgart.de/baeder/…18097.pdf





map Mineralbad Berg



…stuttgart.de/baeder/…18047.pdf





The are quite different springs with different mineral waters in Bad Cannstatt. Each mineral bath is using water from different springs for different pools. It%26#39;s no mineral water one would sell in bottles. Just too much minerals in it. Taste is from acceptable to unbearable. The feeling on the skin is from barely noticeable (compared to plain water) to nice and interesting up to %26quot;feels like it must be really healthy%26quot;. With the latter I mean: if you have an open wound you are out of this pool in less than 2 seconds.




|||



Das Leuze is great. We were there back in December %26#39;06. Bring towels with you. They only had towels for purchase.




|||



I love mineral baths and do it whenever I can. I can confirm the sauna part, however, recently I was told I would be asked to leave if I left my clothing on (bathing suit) in a sauna; it has been confirmed here at TA that this is usual practice. One thought is that children in gerneal are permitted in baths but not in sauna area; clothing is reuired in baths, pools, public areas such as snack bars, but clothing is not aloowed in sauna.

No comments:

Post a Comment