Thursday, March 29, 2012

Help! Ferry arrives in Rostock after last train to Berlin

Hi,





I%26#39;m getting a ferry from Helsinki to Rostock on 6th August which arrives on 7th August at 11pm. However, the next train to Berlin (where I%26#39;m heading) is not until 5am, and all the hostels are booked up... Does anyone know of another way to get to Berlin, or a nearby town that might have available rooms?





Thanks.




|||





Hi,





what a dilemma. It will be difficult to get out of town after 11pm ...





Have you seen this website? They list all hostels / campsites but you can also email them and they might find you a person that will take you in for the night:





http://www.couchsurfing.org/wiki/Rostock





Also, you could try to organise a ride with somebody against a small fee:





http://www.mitfahrgelegenheiten.de/





G




|||



Thanks for the tip, I%26#39;m going to have a look at couchsurfing, but as the ferry is not actually booked (they couldn%26#39;t process my card so said I could pay on the day) I may just have to fly direct from Helsinki to Berlin. A shame as I was looking forward to the boat trip...




|||



a flight might be the better option then. good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment