Friday, March 30, 2012

Backpacking Germany: Pack travel question

Hello, I am looking for some advice on my upcoming backpacking trip. 5 days in Sweden and 16 days to several cities througout Germany.





I just bought this 70-liter pack; http://tinyurl.com/nxgddk This will be my only luggage. What do you think of the size for this trip, too big/small?





Dimensions



27%26quot;



x 13 1/2%26quot;



x 10 1/4%26quot;



(69 cm x 34 cm x 25 cm)





Should I be checking the pack or should I try to get permission to carry it on? I believe it is just over the carry-on size limitations...





If I will be checking it on the plane, what is the best way to protect the pack? Is there some sort of cover that backpackers use to wrap the pack in so the straps do not get damaged?





Any other suggestions/tips regarding backpacking Europe, please comment. Thanks!






|||



How airlines treat carry-on luggage is highly variable. Some simply don%26#39;t care, I%26#39;ve seen a lot of things that never should be allowed being mostly way too big or too many items. On the other hand, others strictly enforce their number of carry-on items, and size and weight limits with no exceptions, forcing you to check anything that is even slightly over their official limit.





As to protecting the pack if it is checked luggage, I don%26#39;t think it is necessary, the only real problem is if the luggage handlers go on a luggage destroying spree (which I%26#39;ve seen the results of once), then nothing you can reasonably do will protect it.

No comments:

Post a Comment