Friday, March 30, 2012

Paris to Berlin - Suggestions

Hello folks. I%26#39;m in the early stages of planning a November trip that will include a visit to Berlin (and Wittenberg). I%26#39;ll be coming from Paris. I thought I%26#39;d just take a train (a day train, I%26#39;m at the point in my life when sleeping in a chair on an overnight train is not my idea of fun).





However, I can%26#39;t seem to get the train web site to actually give me a price for the trip. Also, it looks like Air Berlin can get me there for about $88 USD.





So...what is the train trip likely to cost me (I know it%26#39;s a long trip, but I was almost looking forward to the scenery)? Would I simply be better off taking a flight? Money is not the only issue, but a part of the decision.





Thanks!




|||



DB timetable



http://reiseauskunft.bahn.de/bin/query.exe/en



From: Paris



To: Berlin





Discounted specials start from EUR 39,00. They are limited in numbers and sell fast. You can book at earliest 89 days in advance.




|||



Thanks for the reply. When I use that site, above the purchase button is the note %26quot;Total fare cannot be calculated%26quot; or I go to booking, it says %26quot;Information about fares not possible%26quot;.





I think it doesn%26#39;t like me.




|||



To see prices you have to use a date inside the 89 days period. E.g. a day in October.

No comments:

Post a Comment