Thursday, March 29, 2012

Can I use Nikon Battery Charger in Poland w/out a converter?

I have a Nikon Coolpix P80 camera bought in USA and it came with a Nikon MH-61 Lithium battery charger. My question here is that can I use the %26quot;Battery Charger%26quot; in Europe without buying a Converter ? I have a European adapter/plug to put it in front of US supply cord to plug in European power outlet but don%26#39;t have an AC Converter. The description on the Nikon battery charger is below;





%26quot;Warning:



For use with Nikon rechargeable Li-ion Battery Packe EN-EL5 Non Serviceable parts inside.





Input: 100V - 200V~50/60Hz



0.12A - 0.08A 11 - 16VA





Output: 4.2V---0.95A





Please advice because I%26#39;m staying in a small town for wedding and can%26#39;t find a converter!!





Thanks in advance!






|||



I just used the plug adapter with my Canon last two trips without any problems.





I think you will be fine w/o converter.




|||



The charger can be used anywhere in the world without a voltage converter because it is 100-240 volts. You may need a small adapter plug to fit the electrical outlet in your Country. You can find that pice at www.newworldvideodirect.com, that is where I got mine for France.




|||



Input: 100V - 200 V~ 50/60Hz





Are you sure with the 200 V?



This would make no sense. Most of the planet is using 220 - 240 V.



…wikipedia.org/wiki/…26Frequency.png



More likely it should read something like 240 V or 250 V.

No comments:

Post a Comment