Saturday, April 21, 2012

Quick Question re: Konigssee Boat ride

We%26#39;ll be traveling to Berchtesgaden next Tuesday - my husband, 8 month old son and I. We plan on taking the boat tour on Konigssee and would ideally like to see the Obersee (off Salet) - is that doable since we%26#39;d be carrying our 8 month old son? I think people have said it%26#39;s a 15 minute walk, but if it%26#39;s steep or rocky, we probably wouldn%26#39;t be able to do it, but if it%26#39;s an easy path, maybe we%26#39;d give it a go. Or would you recommend just stopping off at the church?





Thanks!




|||



i think its doable. You might be better to go to Salet anyway, as its easier to get back on at Salet rather than St Bart.




|||



It%26#39;s a long time since I%26#39;ve done that, but I can%26#39;t remember the walk up to the upper lake difficult, it is though uphill but not that long. I do well remember all the large leeches in the upper lake, bloated from the tourists%26#39; blood, so I wouldn%26#39;t wade in it.





I%26#39;ve never stopped at the church, but getting on the next boat could be a problem as they are likely already filled to near capacity.




|||



I have done this walk up to Obsersee carrying an 18-month old.





The path is gravelly but well-worn, and not too steep. It%26#39;s worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment