Saturday, April 21, 2012

Bundesliga football - help me understand the fixtures

I am having trouble understanding the new schedule of the Bundesliga football. For example, I am hoping to go to a match during week 4.





The fixtures lists week 4 as 28-30/8. It then shows the games but they are each listed as 29/8 at 15:30.





The 2. Bundesliga fixtures list that week as 28-31/8 but each game is listed as 30/8 at 13:30.





It also says %26quot;The fixtures for this round of play have yet to be scheduled.%26quot;





Does that mean the days and times are not set yet? A week ago, the website said that 2.Bundesliga would have several Friday games each week.





Thank you.




|||



Hi uclabobby,





You are correct. The fixture are just listed for the weekend and will be broken down into friday, saturday, sunday and monday fixtures at a later date. It should be divided up soon for week 4, just keep a watch on the web sites. Enjoy which ever game you end up at.





Regards,





Supervanman.




|||



Hello uclabobby,





Just been on the bundesliga web site and it has the fixtures for week 4 listed as now set.





Regards,





Supervanman.




|||



Thanks




|||



Reading the Stuttgarter Zeitung today I see that the first 5 weeks of play have now been set, opening with Wolfsburg vs. Stuttgart.




|||



Sorry to hijack this post but I have a question relating to the Bundesliga. I am thinking of travelling to see Hertha Berlin v Hamburg on Saturday October 3rd, however there is a good chance both teams will be playing in the Europa League on the Thursday night before. My question is: Will this game be changed to the Sunday, over here in The UK if a team is in European action on the Thursday they%26#39;re weekend fixture is automatically moved to the Sunday but im not sure if it is the same in Germany





Thanks





Mick




|||



Hi Mick,





Dont know the answer to the question you asked but what I try to do is base myself in a central city which gives me plenty of options if dates are changed or tickets are hard to get. Our last trip we flew into Weeze, good connections to several cities and lots of options for the soccer. We stayed in Duisburg but went up to Monchengladbach for the football. Also have Dortmund, Essen, Bochum, Laverkusen, Schalke and Cologne within easy reach. Also have the option of a few ice hockey games depending on dates. If you are flexable on location then this may be worth a look.





Enjoy your trip.





Regards,





Supervanman.




|||



Can you fill me in on the following events listed on the Bundesliga schedule...and how I could find out more about them?





25/26.08.2009 UCL PO A



27.08.2009 UEL PO A



28.08.2009 SCUP F




|||



I have an additional Bundesliga question if you don%26#39;t mind one more hijacker...





Our family will be in Germany for the 1st week of games and are hoping to catch the Bayern Munich v. TSG Hoffenheim game. I have looked at both teams websites but can%26#39;t find an option to purchase tickets for that game. I am assuming that means it is sold out. There seem to be several ticket brokers with seats but I don%26#39;t know if some are more reputable than others. I%26#39;d just like the tickets to really be there after they get my cc info. Any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment