Saturday, April 21, 2012

Store snowboard in the luggage check or ship it to Italy

I am currently studying abroad in Italy and am meeting a friend in Germany who is bringing me my snowboard and other gear for the wintertime. After she arrives we are doing some traveling but I don%26#39;t want to lug my snowboard, boots etc. around with me for 20 days. Would is be cheaper (and even possible) to store my snowboard bag at the luggage check of a train station for 20 days and then return to germany to retrieve it, or would it be cheaper and safer to ship it from Germany to Italy. The height of the bag is 154cm (the length of the board) so I would imagine that it would be too tall for a locker, but I%26#39;ve heard they have a place for oversized luggage where you get a claim check. I will be returning to Italy at the end of my journey anyways so ultimately it has to get there one way or another. Would shipping something from Germany to Italy be as cost prohibitive as shipping from the us to Italy or would it be reasonable because they are both in the EU? Thanks for your help and sorry for the long post.




|||



Check the rates on www.dhl.com %26amp; www.dhl.de





If you can do so for under 100 EUR, I would simply ship it.







tripadvisor.com/GoListDetail-i19629-Mike_s_M…

No comments:

Post a Comment