Saturday, April 21, 2012

Neuschwanstein Sept. 2009

could someone tell me how long the bus ride takes from Fussen to Hohenschwagan? I plan to visit on a Wed so the first train available w/ the Bayern ticket out of Munich will put me in Fussen by 11:46 - I%26#39;m trying to figure out what time I should book my castle tour ticket (I know I have to be there at least 1 hour ahead of time). Also, is the bus from the ticket booth up to the castle covered by the Bayern? (I figure probably not b/c I assume it is a private company but thought I%26#39;d ask anyway) With the arrival time in Fussen at 11:46 - will that give enough time to see both castles - I%26#39;m thinking it will, but again just wanted to ask the experts. Thanks so much for the info!




|||



Sorry, I forgot to ask where ticket machines are located to purchase the Bayern? I read somewhere at the airport, but are they located other places as well? Thanks again!




|||



First, the train station and any ticket machine for the local transportation network will offer Bavaria day train tickets, as will travel agents with the DB signs in their windows. Dealing with a person rather than a machine will cost you 2€ more.





The bus from the Fuessen train station to Hohenschwangau is coordinated with the arrival of the train, it%26#39;s ony a few kilometers so it won%26#39;t take you long. Look at www.bahn.de , change to English near the top of the page, and make your destination Neuschwanstein or Hohenschwangau so the bus schedule will also be included on the shown itinerary. This bus is included on the Bavaria ticket.





Instead of taking the first tour that you can make, why not take a later one and eat at a restaurant beforehand, this will give you more leeway in picking up the tickets. You%26#39;ll still have plenty of time to tour both palaces, and look around Fuessen too.





The bus up to Neiuschwanstein (actually the bridge above it- Marienbruecke) is not included on the Bavaria ticket. You can also walk up or take a horse drawn carriage up, which would be my preference.




|||



You can start earlier from Munich and just buy a ticket from Munich to the first station the train departs from after 9:00, when your Bayern-Ticket kicks in.

No comments:

Post a Comment