Saturday, April 21, 2012

Website with fresh information?

Hello,



I%26#39;m in Berlin at the moment and I%26#39;d like to know what is and what will be going on today and in the following days. For example, there was some kind of ceremony for new soldiers yesterday and I had no information about it and get some information a few minutes before it from woman at the tourist-information. Also, today there was some kind of demonstration and I had no idea what it was about and when does it take place. To prevent such situations in the future, I kindly ask you for some kind of website which will provide me the events calendar so that I am up-to-date with what will take place in the near future.




|||



Well, of course we who live here get our Berlin news from the local papers, radio and TV which are in German.





There%26#39;s a state government-sponsored website www.berlin.de/international/index.en.php which has some English content, but it%26#39;s not exactly Current Affairs.





And The Local, which - despite its name - doesn%26#39;t focus very much on Berlin, but rather Germany nationally: http://www.thelocal.de/





Toytown Germany%26#39;s Berlin News section may not be the last word in accuracy, but it could be what you%26#39;re looking for: www.toytowngermany.com/forum/index.php…





And, last but not least, Deutsche Welle%26#39;s web presence DW World has more of an international focus, but covers the highlights of Berlin news: http://www.dw-world.de/




|||



OK, thank you very much - I%26#39;ll check those sites :)

No comments:

Post a Comment