Saturday, April 21, 2012

more tourist questions???

We are arriving in Nuremberg on a river cruise and plan on staying an extra night before flying out the next day. I am looking at staying at Motel One by the train station. Is this a good idea? I think that I can then take the train to the airport the next day. Is this hotel far from the Old City and some of tourist spots?





Thank you,




|||



%26gt;I am looking at staying at Motel One by the train station. Is this a good idea?





Why not?





%26gt;I think that I can then take the train to the airport the next day.





The airport is just 15 min by subway from the city center. It almost doesn´t matter in this regard where you stay as long as it is on a subway line.





%26gt;Is this hotel far from the Old City and some of tourist spots?





I don´t know the hotel, but if %26quot;the train station%26quot; you refer to is the main station, the Old Town is just across the road from it.




|||



I cant tell you anything about the hotel.





The spot of the hotel is quite good. Its only a short



walk (half a mile) to the main train station (Hauptbahnhof). There you can enter the metro (U-Bahn, U 2) and drive directly to the airport, the ride takes only 12 minutes.





Near the train station, there is the old wall (Stadtmauer). Inside the wall there are most of the hot spots, like castle (Burg), marketplace (Hauptmarkt), old churches (Kirchen)and museums.





No big deal to walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment