Thursday, April 12, 2012

Hotels in Munich for family of 4? Need 2 rooms?

Hi,





I%26#39;m traveling to Munich in late August and noticed some great deals on 4-star hotels in Munich on Priceline. But I%26#39;m hesitant to bid on any because I wonder if they could accommodate two adults and two small children.





Does anyone know if 4-star hotels typically accommodate 4 people?





Alternatively, what would you recommend for a family of 4 close to the center of town?





Thanks for your help!




|||



Hotels in Germany in general only accommodate 2 people. And using Priceline you definitely need two rooms.





An alternative: Derag Hotel Maximilian. I just stayed there in a single room but noticed they have family rooms and also suites - not expensive. It%26#39;s a three star hotel that is located in a nice neighbourhood only 10 minutes from Marienplatz. S-Bahn stop only 5 minutes away, direct trains to airport and the city centre. Just ask for a quiet room, non-smoker.




|||



I can advise that Holiday Inn Munich City Centre and Novotel Muenchen City Centre can accomodate 4 people. The Holiday Inn has 2 queen beds rooms and Novotel has rooms with a double and sofa bed. They are both situated close to Rosenheimer Platz station which is on the S8 line from the airport and just a few stops to the City Centre. I understand from reviews on here that you can walk to Marienplatz in around 15-20 minutes.



On my autumn forthcoming visit I would have liked to have stayed in the Blauer Bock due to its proximity to Viktualienmarkt but the quad room rate was prohibitively expensive against the HI which I plumped for.



You can also search for family rooms on HRS.DE and specify whether or not you require seperate beds for the children.

No comments:

Post a Comment