Thursday, April 12, 2012

Pets allowed

We were last year at Seefeld during Christmas Holydays from Munich airport by train. This year I have to take with me our doggy a Yorkshire terrier and I am wondering if pets are allowed on trains o(German Railways we travel with Bavaria ticket).



Please, if anybody knows for sure inform me.





Thanks



Lena




|||



Of course pets are allowed on trains, but you need a ticket for them.




|||



My recollection is that the ticket includes any number of own children and a dog- somewhat bizarrely. But I do not have one in front of me, so cannot confirm that.





Website says %26quot;Kleine Hunde (bis zur Größe einer Hauskatze) können Sie im Transportbehälter dagegen unentgeltlich mitnehmen%26quot;- ie taking a small dog in a box is free.




|||



I also remember that the Bavaria ticket included up to five people and a dog. I don%26#39;t recall seeing dogs on the train, but I definitely remember seeing a Westie in a little basket on the bus between Neuschwanstein and Garmisch.




|||



Bavaria Ticket does not cover a dog. You have to buy a reduced ticket for Munich Airport to Mittenwald for your dog (EUR 13,05).





Some Länder-Tickets do, e.g. the Hessen-Ticket. But this does not help in this case.





As Seefeld is in Austria you can only use the Bavaria Ticket to Mittenwald.





VVT tariff ticket from Mittenwald to Seefeld is EUR 3,90. You can buy it from the conductor on the train from Munich to Seefeld. If you have a VVT ticket your dog is free.



http://www.vvt.at

No comments:

Post a Comment